Flower color meanings
All flowers have a meaning. Understanding these flower color meanings is an important task as after knowing these different flower color meanings you can convey your feelings to the other person with much ease.
The flower colors you choose for a bouquet can be as important as the types of flowers used in an arrangement.
The meaning of flower colors is a unique aspect of symbolism you can use to send a special message to someone.
Many colors have deep spiritual and religious meanings (such as black
symbolizing evil) or specific meanings to those in the business world
(such as green symbolizing money).
To lend you a helping hand in choosing the perfect colored flower for expression of your feelings, we here provide you with different flower color meanings.
Black flower color: - Power, elegance, farewell, mystery.
generally associated with negative things, so you may want to reserve
this for breaking up. However, it's also associated with mystery and
elegance, so you may want to use it if it's given with something else,
such as jewelry. A great idea would be a black, velvet lined jewelry
box, with something special of a different color inside. We're not
aware of any black flowers (other than those that have been dyed or
have died), but it's probably a good idea to not give your partner
black flowers unless you're breaking up.
- Blue flower color: Stability, trustworthy, tranquil. While Light Blue is a symbol of anxiety over problems such
as money and health, Turquoise can mean fulfilment for those with great
intelligence. Blue is typically the color of
peace and stability. Deep blues tend to be more 'trust' based colors,
while lighter blues are signs of peace, quiet, and tranquil (think
'ocean'). If you're a deep, intimate couple, blue flowers or gifts are
- Coral flower color: - Desire, love
A warm color that is a shade of love,
but more importantly, desire. Send coral roses to your partner to let
you that know how much you really want them.
- Green flower color: Harmony, fertility, richness. The meaning of flower color in green is about renewal, growth, hope, health and youth. Green is a rich, cool color perfect
for the harmonious couple. Give her a plant and a note telling her how
truly rich she has made your life. Green is also the color of the heart chakra, and so it takes on the meaning of good health.
- Indigo Flowers color: The meaning of flower colors runs deep in the realm of indigo. Consider
the cavernous depths of the ocean where currents still themselves to
better hear the secrets of their own watery womb. Then consider the yawning waves
of indigo clouds that roll on the horizon as an impressive storm brews.
Indigo speaks to us of emotions, depth, and expressive moods. Give
indigo flowers to people who do too much. The ones you love who never
sit still, always running, always doing – these people need indigo in
their lives to keep them still so they can listen to the secrets of
their own soul-womb.
- Lilac flower color: Represents a sincere love, without the need for anything in
return. It can refer to the love felt for lovers, family or friends.
- Orange flower color: A colour that symbolizes the joy and satisfaction for a
success already obtained, it is symbolic of expansion, growth, and warmth. It is also a color of friendship and community. On a more sentimental note it may also
represent a love that has already been consolidated and gratified.
- Peach flower color: - Wisdom, gratitude, appreciation
Peach is a shades of
orange and pink that represent both the romance of the pinks and the
warmth and gratitude's of the orange shades. They are a perfect color
to show your love and appreciation of your spouse or girlfriend.
- Pink flower color: - Romance, sweetness, playfulness, gladness
Pink is a
feminine color perfect for those fun, playful couples. Whether it's a
pink rose or a pink diamond, it's perfect for the sweet, romantic person in your life.
- Purple/Lavender flower color: - Enchantment, unique, noble, devotion
cooler color perfect for the truly devoted. Send this color to your
partner to let her know how truly unique she is. Because purple is
often associated with nobility, it's a perfect color for a
- Red flower color: Love, passion, eroticism, desire,. Too hot to handle, red is the expression of burning,
passionate love, great courage and desire. But beware because it's also
the symbol of anger. Red is traditionally the color of
love and romance. A dozen long-stemmed red roses are the classic
- Dark Red flower color: Symbolises constancy, continuity and immortality.
- Rose flower color: The colour Rose (or pink) is a symbol of youth and expresses a new love or admiration.
- Violet flower color: Expresses feelings of modesty, generosity and humility.
The ‘shrinking violet' refers to its symbol of insurmountable shyness. Violets are the perfect sentiment that says to someone “you are unique,
special, and part of a perfect whole.” Violet is also considered a
color of royalty and nobility in ancient symbolism. Incorporate violet
flowers in your life as a symbol of faith, and a reminder that nobility
of the heart is the greatest aspiration.
- White flower color: Is the symbol of purity, innocence and modesty and
expresses a sincere feeling. White can also be used when someone is
waiting for news.
White flowers are gorgeous, unique, and non-traditional. They are perfect for a new relationship or for telling your partner how
perfect she truly is. These are also the flowers to send when you want
her to know that your love is pure. Great ideas for white are white
roses, a white orchid, or pearls.
- Yellow flower color:
Yellow is associated with gold, and is considered a symbol of clarity, purity, truth and intellect. Though commonly associated with unfaithfulness and
treason, don't depair if you come home with yellow petals because it
can also be the symbol of luxury, pride and success.